We're sorry to say that this is impacting on us all including our social events, communal sailing activities and training. As a result, in accordance with goverment guidelines, our clubhouse and bar is now closed until further notice. This includes Tuesday evenings and weekends.
We look forward to being able to welcome you when restrictions have been lifted.
The River Thames is cleaner and more active that ever.
Look at the PLA coordinated calendar which includes GYC activities to see what is going on.
1. Wear a lifejacket that will inflate or a buoyancy aid that will take your weight
2. Wear appropriate footwear
3. Take a hand held radio or phone in a waterproof case
4. Tell someone where you are going
5. Ensure your tender is sea worthy
6. Always use your ‘kill cord’
7. Secure any luggage or large items that you may be transporting
8. On arrival, approach into the tide and secure tender with a bowline to your boat. Consider using a stern line as well
9. When secured. Choose your moment to disembark, check for passing clippers or wash to subside
10. Remember, one hand for you and one for the boat