GYC CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN EXIT STRATEGY PHASE ONE
In line with government directives, the club gates will be open for members, from Sunday 17th May, to enable people to work on their boats or to go boating on the river.
It is important to note that, while there have been some changes, the UK is still in lockdown; we therefore seek to discourage members from coming to the club to socialise.
We have had to implement certain measures to minimise risks to our members, and urge people to read the notices around the club and carefully observe certain restictions.
The River Thames is cleaner and more active that ever.
Look at the PLA coordinated calendar which includes GYC activities to see what is going on.
1. Wear a lifejacket that will inflate or a buoyancy aid that will take your weight
2. Wear appropriate footwear
3. Take a hand held radio or phone in a waterproof case
4. Tell someone where you are going
5. Ensure your tender is sea worthy
6. Always use your ‘kill cord’
7. Secure any luggage or large items that you may be transporting
8. On arrival, approach into the tide and secure tender with a bowline to your boat. Consider using a stern line as well
9. When secured. Choose your moment to disembark, check for passing clippers or wash to subside
10. Remember, one hand for you and one for the boat