In line with government directives, the club must follow Level 5 rulings.
The new lockdown rules mean that outdoor sports venues must close.
We cannot leave our home or be outside of it unless absolutely necessary. One of the acceptable necessary reasons to leave our homes is: "To exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area". We may only take exercise in, or from, a publicly accessible space.
Regrettably, that means we cannot sail from our club, and that the site will be therefore closed to members until further government announcements.
Nick Day, Commodore
The River Thames is cleaner and more active that ever.
Look at the PLA coordinated calendar which includes GYC activities to see what is going on.
1. Wear a lifejacket that will inflate or a buoyancy aid that will take your weight
2. Wear appropriate footwear
3. Take a hand held radio or phone in a waterproof case
4. Tell someone where you are going
5. Ensure your tender is sea worthy
6. Always use your ‘kill cord’
7. Secure any luggage or large items that you may be transporting
8. On arrival, approach into the tide and secure tender with a bowline to your boat. Consider using a stern line as well
9. When secured. Choose your moment to disembark, check for passing clippers or wash to subside
10. Remember, one hand for you and one for the boat