Lots of work going on still refitting the training yacht. We've added a new rescue platform on the stern and have removed all gas. The work is looking like it will be complted later in the year so we will be starting our practical cruising training early next season. Have a look at our current calendar and then use Meetup to book.
The racing rules group is meeting TODAY at 7pm !!! Due to the dinghy meeting starting at 8pm....
The next meeting is scheduled for the 28.03.2017 starting the usual time 7:30 pm ...
We'll be learning and discussing racing rules with the goal to get more proficient in racing rules for better results, race officer duties and more fun on the water! When we reach a certain level of knowledge we will hold mock protest trials ...
Everyone is invited to join at anytime .... we'll bring you up to speed !
For details contact Betty
10 TIPS FOR STAYING SAFE ON THE RIVER
1. Wear a lifejacket that will inflate or a buoyancy aid that will take your weight
2. Wear appropriate footwear
3. Take a hand held radio or phone in a waterproof case
4. Tell someone where you are going
5. Ensure your tender is sea worthy
6. Always use your ‘kill cord’
7. Secure any luggage or large items that you may be transporting
8. On arrival, approach into the tide and secure tender with a bowline to your boat. Consider using a stern line as well
9. When secured. Choose your moment to disembark, check for passing clippers or wash to subside
10. Remember, one hand for you and one for the boat