GYC CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN
In line with government directives, the club yard and clubhouse are now closed.
It is possible, following advice from the RYA, that individual members can carry out essential work on their boats. That permission would be granted following personal application to the Commodore.
Meantime, the Harbour and Yard team are keeping an eye on our moorings and GYC Council will be monitoring the yard.
Nick Day, Commodore
The River Thames is cleaner and more active that ever.
Look at the PLA coordinated calendar which includes GYC activities to see what is going on.
1. Wear a lifejacket that will inflate or a buoyancy aid that will take your weight
2. Wear appropriate footwear
3. Take a hand held radio or phone in a waterproof case
4. Tell someone where you are going
5. Ensure your tender is sea worthy
6. Always use your ‘kill cord’
7. Secure any luggage or large items that you may be transporting
8. On arrival, approach into the tide and secure tender with a bowline to your boat. Consider using a stern line as well
9. When secured. Choose your moment to disembark, check for passing clippers or wash to subside
10. Remember, one hand for you and one for the boat