The Club is a Royal Yachting Association recognised teaching establishment. We teach the basic dinghy and keel boat courses out on the Thames with our own qualified instructors,
The 2019 programme. is now up on the calendar. Find the course you want then download an application form, and email it to the training email given. For keel boat training, we can do additional courses if we get four people interested. Just email training.
The next Day Skipper course starts on March 19th. It will run for eight Tuesdays, followed by an assessment weekend (May 11,12). If you would like to join a course click here, which will point you to their web site. Look for bookings and fill in the form (there is discount rate for club members). Nomad sailing also run all mannner of practical yachting courses.
Our powerboat courses are run by Tony Mason of Thames Active. Tony is a club member and full time professional trainer - himself trained by some of London's finest sailors.
First Aid VHF radio
These courses will be run twice a year and details are on the training pages or t the calendar. Book in the same way as the practical courses.
If you want to know more about any of our classes please speak to me - Brian Harrisson, or to Steve Wilson. We can be found around the club on Tusday nights, out on the water, or contacted via the website.
1. Wear a lifejacket that will inflate or a buoyancy aid that will take your weight
2. Wear appropriate footwear
3. Take a hand held radio or phone in a waterproof case
4. Tell someone where you are going
5. Ensure your tender is sea worthy
6. Always use your ‘kill cord’
7. Secure any luggage or large items that you may be transporting
8. On arrival, approach into the tide and secure tender with a bowline to your boat. Consider using a stern line as well
9. When secured. Choose your moment to disembark, check for passing clippers or wash to subside
10. Remember, one hand for you and one for the boat