GYC CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN EXIT STRATEGY PHASE THREE
In line with government directives, the club yard and clubhouse are open to members only.
We have had to implement certain measures to minimise risks to our members, and urge people to read the notices around the club and carefully observe certain guidelines. An extract of those guidelines will be found in weekly Mailchimp announcements. The GYC Covid-19 Special Operating Procedures in line with government, PLA and RYA advice can be found here.
The River Thames is cleaner and more active that ever.
Look at the PLA coordinated calendar which includes GYC activities to see what is going on.
1. Wear a lifejacket that will inflate or a buoyancy aid that will take your weight
2. Wear appropriate footwear
3. Take a hand held radio or phone in a waterproof case
4. Tell someone where you are going
5. Ensure your tender is sea worthy
6. Always use your ‘kill cord’
7. Secure any luggage or large items that you may be transporting
8. On arrival, approach into the tide and secure tender with a bowline to your boat. Consider using a stern line as well
9. When secured. Choose your moment to disembark, check for passing clippers or wash to subside
10. Remember, one hand for you and one for the boat